SHUN TDM0743S PREMIER 7-IN. SUMO WIDE SANTOKU WITH WOOD STAND. This wider blade makes it easier to cut through larger or thicker foods, such as potatoes or jicama. The extra-wide blade also makes it easy to scoop up prepared foods for quick transfer to the cooking pot or pan. Once you try it, you just may find that it becomes one of your favorite go-to knives.
The Shun Premier Sumo Santoku is part of the beautiful Shun Premier line, which calls to mind the hand-forged knives of ancient Japan. While each knife still takes at least 100 handcrafted steps to complete, the materials Shun uses are among the most advanced in the industry. Each blade has a cutting core of Shun's proprietary VG-MAX “super steel” to take and hold a precision edge. The layered Damascus cladding supports the core and provides additional stain resistance. Near the edge of the blade, where the steels meet, an undulating line is formed—similar to the hamon formed when samurai swords are tempered using a traditional clay-baking technique. The hammered tsuchime finish acts like a series of hollow-ground cavities to reduce drag.
- Larger than a standard santoku, the Premier Sumo Santoku is even more versatile
- Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: Contoured walnut-colored PakkaWood®
- Blade length: 7 in. (17.8 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan