SHUN PREMIER 5.5-IN. SANTOKU TDM0727
The Shun Premier 5.5-in. Santoku is a case in point. Smaller than our full-sized santoku, this one is an in-between size and weight that make it perfect for most medium-sized kitchen tasks. Slicing baby carrots, chopping shallots, cutting butter or chocolate…all are perfect jobs for the Shun Premier 5 ½-in. Santoku. If you have smaller hands or simply prefer a lighter knife, this one is sure to become one of your favorite kitchen go-to knives.
The Shun Premier 5.5-in. Santoku is part of the beautiful Shun Premier line, which calls to mind the hand-forged knives of ancient Japan. While each knife still takes at least 100 handcrafted steps to complete, the materials Shun uses are among the most advanced in the industry. Each blade has a cutting core of Shun's proprietary VG-MAX “super steel” to take and hold a precision edge. The layered Damascus cladding supports the core and provides additional stain resistance. Near the edge of the blade, where the steels meet, an undulating line is formed—similar to the hamon formed when samurai swords are tempered using a traditional clay-baking technique. The hammered tsuchime finish acts like a series of hollow-ground cavities to reduce drag. The handles nestle comfortably in the hand, while the embossed end cap adds balance and beauty.
- This 5.5-in. Santoku offers top performance in a smaller, lightweight knife
- Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: Contoured walnut-colored PakkaWood®
- Blade length: 5.5 in. (14 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan